Comune di San Vendemiano

Via A. De Gasperi, 55 - 31020 San Vendemiano (TV)
Tel.: 0438 401 741 Fax: 0438 401 780
w: www.comune.sanvendemiano.tv.it
e: segreteria@comune.sanvendemiano.tv.it

see item in detail
Comune di San Vendemiano

Description

Historical outline San Vendemiano area, already affected by the Roman “Centuriazione”, after the Roman Empire decline falls under the power of the Longobards and, then, after the Longobards’ defeat by the Franks, it joins Ceneda Bishop feud though being under the authority of the Pieve of San Fior . From that moment on San Vendemiano area shares its history with that of Conegliano, both falling under Treviso domination from 1170. The ancient unity of this region can be traced back to 1261 in the administrative subdivision of Coneglianese area. In 1339 San Vendemiano area passes under the authority of the Veneto Republic up to its fall in 1797: the lasting peace fosters the community wellbeing. On April 4 1816 the Austrian Government decrees the constitutive act of San Vendemiano, which has never changed since then. San Vendemiano Municipality derives its name from the African Bishop San Vendemiale, who was martyred by the Vandals, and whose worship has been associated with S. Fiorenzo’s since the most ancient times. In the 7th century the relics of the two Saints were brought from Corsica to Treviso, where they are still kept, by Tiziano, Bishop of Treviso . What to see Unfortunately, vague is the memory of the ancient church of S. Peter in Vincoli in Zoppè, of the 15th century, whose frescoes, portraying S. Peter’s martyrdom, have been removed and given to the care of the Town Museum in Conegliano. High the architectural example represented by the impressive Villa (17th cen.) situated on the highest hill of Calpena to protect the large estates belonging to the Venetian family Lippomano. The important Churches of S. Vendemiano and Zoppè of the 18th century are characterized by a structure in the classical style: the former, with its stately bell tower, has a single nave whose walls are divided into finely decorated altars. The church is enriched by an important “Callido” organ and an altar Piece of the 15th century portraying Bishop S. Vendemiale and by a fresco by Novelli, decorating the ceiling. The latter, the Zoppè Temple, with a single nave, has an altar Piece attributed to Tiziano School. The little Church of S. Fris, going back to the 15th century, has a wooden ancient altar , finely engraved and decorated, whereas the ancient fresco of the Last Supper is kept in the Town Museum in Conegliano. In Cosnica there is the Oratorio of the Madonna della Salute (Our Lady of Health), built in a period earlier than the 17th century.

We are here


Search

Strada del Prosecco e Vini dei Colli Conegliano Valdobbiadene - P.I. 03780230268 | cookies | privacy | © 2003 - 2021 StranoWeb.com™

Logo PSR

Fondo europeo agricolo per lo sviluppo rurale (FEASR)